Table of Contents
Affiliate Marketing Basics – AKA Internet Marketing 101
>> Click here for My FAVORITE Affiliate Marketing Training for Newbies <<
As a result of this, I CONSTANTLY get questions such as:
- “How can I make $50 a day online fast?”
- “How can I make $10k a month online with no work?”
- “How can I get rich quick online?”
Well, the answer to all three of those questions and MANY others is a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!
Internet Marketing (affiliate marketing) is essentially 3 things:
- Identify your target market
- Place your offer in front of them
- They buy it, or sign up and you get a commission for the sale!
Yup, that’s it. There’s no getting rich overnight, or push button millions – BUT if you’re willing to put in some work there is DEFINITELY room to make A-LOT of money online, and it’s not that hard once you get the basics down.
Check out these series of videos for a great overview!
(Note: this is NOT my video, just a useful one I felt was applicable to the content in this post)
As you no doubt figured out, There are MANY ways to earn money online
Yup, you read that right – there are MANY ways to earn money online, including but NOT limited to:
- Clickbank Affiliate Program
- Clickbank is THE largest affiliate marketing website of it’s kind on the planet. Sign up for free, and promote various digital products in all TYPES of niches including Make Money Online, Health, Cooking, weight loss, muscle building and a TON more. If people click on your affiliate link, you get a commission ranging from 50 to 90% of the sale price! It’s VERY easy to promote clickbank products via blog posts, youtube videos, email marketing and more.
- Amazon Affiliate Program
- This is quite similar to clickbank, only you’re going to be promoting physical items such as laptops, baby strollers or whatever your heart desires! Learn more at Amazing Selling Machine 8
- Make money blogging
- Start a blog (like this one!) on a niche/topic that you enjoy and try to post content regularly to it to build up traffic to it. Once you start generating enough traffic, you can generate income with Google Adsense or by placing affiliate links on your site. Needless to say, you’ll want to choose affiliate programs and products your audience will WANT to buy, not something totally unrelated.
- Email Marketing
- Email marketing is PERSONALLY one of my top earners, and needless to say one of my FAVORITE ways to make money with affiliate marketing. Broken down as SIMPLE as possible, you offer your leads a kick ass FREE product in exchange for their email address. In return you’re able to add them to your email list, and by using an auto responder service such as aweber, sendlane or getresponse – you’re able to send them daily emails both promoting your affiliate links and building up a relationship with them.
It’s as easy as finding a product you want to promote, and getting it in front of your target audience via SEO, social media, youtube marketing, PPC (pay per click) marketing You can even PERFORM SERVICES (via fiverr.com, odesk and other outsourcing related websites) but we won’t get into that.
Anyways, this post is NOT meant to go into super detail on any of the above topics. It’s just meant to stand as a REMINDER to what works, and what doesn’t work.
Remember to APPLY YOURSELF in everything you do, and remember there is no easy way out or push button solution for Making Money on the Internet.
Talk soon! 🙂