List Building for Newbies – so easy your GRANDMOTHER Could do it!
The FIRST thing you need to do is get an offer, a freebie, something of VALUE to give away to your prospective list.
Usually, I’ll recommend giving away an ARTICLE that actually provides value and offers a solution that people i’m sending to my squeezepage would want.
Use magazines.com to get headline ideas in whatever niche you’re going to be writing in.
(I used a wordpress plug in for this called WP Lead Rocket – one time payment of $40 or so – I use it ALL the time and highly recommend it)
Anyways, I went to Magazines.com and looked at some fitness articles and found one headline that stood out to me “Discover 1 Simple Trick to Shed Belly Fat Quickly”
Based on JUST that title – I went over to iWriter : Article Writing Service and had a 4 star writer (NEVER use 3 star) do a 2,000 word article for me around that as my main keyword/subject matter. I forget the price, but it was $20 or $30 – well worth it. (Note on outsourcing: you can ALSO use ODesk – for content, or custom HTML Webpage or LandingPage Design)
You’ll see that it’s REALLY simple. I took the article the person wrote for me, added some images that I ‘found’ online – and bam – i’ve got something unique, of value to give to my list!
NOW – why is this good? Because, I’m not just some guy trying to SELL them something, but now I’m the guy who gave them a cool e-book for FREE – and they’re going to listen to what I have to say now over the next guy who JUST tries to sell them!
Guess what else – they’re a LOT more likely to listen to recommendations I make in the future and believe it or not – because I gave them something for free they’ll almost feel like they owe ME something in return.
Anyways – moving on – the NEXT thing you’ll want to do is set up a ‘thank you page’ – much like the one I linked to above for the download. It’s simple, and you can have somebody create one for you on fiverr.com for $5.00 – or even purchase a TY page template for just as cheap.
I’m not going to go into too much details on that, check out mine, google it, search the warriorforum etc 😛
Moving on, once your squeeze page is set up, I recommend setting up 3-5 (minimum) emails in your AUTO RESPONDER (yup, you need one of those)
I love and use aweber, and have not had any major problems (or ddos attacks) with it 🙂
- My FIRST email is always a ‘thank you’ with a reminder link to the download page
- My SECOND email is a follow up, reminding them to check out the free download and asking if i have any questions. I usually send THIS one on day 2.
- My THIRD email I usually promote something that goes WELL with the freebie I gave them, and let them know that if they enjoyed the article I gave them, they’ll LOVE this product – i usually send that one TWO days after the 2nd email.
- My Fourth Email is usually a motivational youtube video or something, really depends on the Niche.
- My fifth email might be promoting the product I recommended in email 3, or it might just be another video or motivational ‘thing’. Just depends on the market really.
OKAY – I realized I’m writing a small novel here, so I hope you’re still with me
Once your squeeze page, thank you page, e-book, download, and email sequence is set up – it’s time to get TRAFFIC.
My FAVORITE sources of FREE traffic are:
- Youtube – do videos on problems in your niche, and list your squeeze page in the video description
- Forum marketing – find forums in your niche that ALLOW signatures (such as the wf) in your posts – join and make 3-5 helpful posts per day for a WEEK before you add a signature. Become a regular contributor, never EVER ask people to check out your signature and you’ll get a ton of free quality traffic that way.
I won’t get into paid traffic now, as that’s a whole other ball game & post
I hope this helps, any questions let me know
P.S. Sorry for any grammatical errors, too lazy to go back and re-read through this 🙂
P.P.S. – I had TONS of people contacting me wanting MORE info and asked if I had some recommended TRAINING for Email Marketing. Actually as a matter of fact I do – Inbox Blueprint – check it out, and I’ll see you at the top!
P.P.P.S (LOL) – Want MORE, Check out my post on 10 Email Marketing Best Practices for Affiliate Marketers